Sunday, May 2, 2010

Taking on the Big Guy

The other day, while walking through woods in the area, I saw a magnificent long wing span hawk gliding over the tree tops, probably looking for some lunch. And near the pond where I was standing, was a rather noisy red-winged blackbird, yacking away as blackbirds do. I guess the blackbird spotted the circling hawk and took off. I thought it did not want to be lunch. Instead of dashing off into the woods, that blackbird ascended in the direction of the hawk and, to my amazement, started attacking it. All told I think that blackbird pecked at the hawk a good dozen times, and the hawk showed no signs of mixing it up with that little blackbird.

I say it's time to really go after our friends on Wall Street and toss some of them in jail. I hope they're not too big to serve time.

No comments:

Post a Comment