Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Critique THIS

The photo critique!

Maybe it's just a way of saying 'if I was you, I would have done this.'

It's a chance for someone to pretend they are you behind the lens, a way for the 'critic' to fault your work!

The photo critique is a strange practice, one I have never been fond of engaging in. It's one thing if a person specifically ASKS for suggestions on improving his/her work. I am NOT that person. It's not that I think my shit don't stink, butt that I really don't care. I got my image the way I want it and that's that. Would 'you' go to a live music performance and tell the band after a piece how they could have improved their performance.

Somehow THE CRITIQUE has become part of the whole photo experience.

Hell, why don't those critics get off their asses and get their eyeballs behind the lens more often and learn about photography through self discovery?

No comments:

Post a Comment