Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fog-O-Riffic

I am trying something new here, sharing my love of fog with whoever reads this blog anyway.

With my interest in the super-sensible worlds, I suppose it is not such a stretch to see how I would love fog. Fog has to symbolize delving into worlds unknown, going blindly into something, a place or a situation, and going wherever the fog leads. Objects can be illusive in the fog, with portions hidden from view.

Whenever I see fog, I head to the cemetery first. Unfortunately, because fog can dissipate so rapidly, and some areas are foggier than others, I find it difficult to shoot over to any cemetery I want. So I hit the closer ones, while the hitting is good. Another consideration is that many active cemeteries have business hours and sometimes the fog is best before they turn over the 'open' sign.

A few years back we had a brief period of intense fog and I was out having intense fun, and nabbed a few of my older favorites:

the Two Christs

and

Mystery of Golgatha

The later reminds me of a movie set from a classic Hammer horror film.

Myst


Not of the dead:

Tree Council

Loner

Foggy Memories

Swing Fog

Back to the dead:

Distant Memories

Blue Fog

Autumn Mist

Fog-o-riffic

Tree Bewitched

Fog Factor

Larger images of these can be viewed in my Flickr gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment