Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Violence


I don't write much these days mostly because it seems pointless.

I am in that part of a cycle right now in my continual love-hate relationship with shooting in Detroit where the city feels unfriendly to me.  I'm not welcome.  Detroit is struggling with city services, the police are underpaid and overworked and too few...and violence seems to be getting out of control.  I follow the latest shootings and violence on a local news website and the stream is steady, shootings, carjackings, etc.  But what is disturbing to me is that they occur at locations I had just visited.  One was a shooting that happened just and hour after I drove by the location.

I'm thinking it might be difficult to make pictures if I was dead.  Not if, but rather...when.

Circumnstances lately infringe on my free time and I just do not have it (time) to visit and comment on as many of you that are on my 'watch list' (watch it - I'm watching you!) lately.  I basically do a grand sweep of new things in the morning, but I've noticed that Flickr pops new images in after that initial sweep, and I probably have missed a ton of images.

2 comments:

  1. Always better to be the shooter than the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my neighborhood. I don't know what's worse - the fact that it happens or that I'm getting used to it. I suppose as long as I don't give into it and can stay alive that's a good thing. Peace my friend - do what ya gotta do and stay alive. :-)

    ReplyDelete