Monday, March 12, 2012

Gas n' Go

Living on the edge, much closer to homelessness than most, and with the price of gas going up and up, my visits to Detroit will be curtailed, limited to special occasions. Since I don't have actual destinations when I go, getting there (and poking about) drinks a lot of gas. Gas. "They" have us by the nuts. Next it will be water, then food. I don't know about you, butt my balls are really hurting lately.

The good news is I get to explore different avenues of picture making (which I have been doing all along), but the bad news is I'll be posting them in my Flickr. You guys don't seem to really like my other stuff, the stuff that's coming. I've come to the conclusion that it's not so much my pictures you like butt the subject matter. Oh well. What can I say?

I grow weary.

PS - I'm not sayin' I will be stoppin' Detroit, butt that I be slowin' down. Violent crime is way up in the city because obviously I'm not the only one having trouble with expenses.

Speaking of gas, you know that Keystone XL pipeline that is in the news these days? The oil flowing through those pipes would not be for domestic use. The oil companies, who don't give a hoot about us, ship oil to Asia and Europe, where they can get more bucks. A little known fact is that oil has become the second leading export of the USA, right behind military weaponry.

BTW, GE stands to make a lot of money from this project as they have secured rights to water processing technologies, and as this type of fuel is quite dirty...and you won't hear about this on the corporate news media. Don't forget that G.E. owns MSNBC and I'm sure the corporations have agreements among themselves about certain news stories on which they would rather we remain ignorant.

1 comment:

  1. Nice writing. Good ol' corporate america. If you ain't big business fuhgettaboutit - or least that's what they want us to believe. But the underground of individual personhood will rise up in rebellion against the corporations. It may look like crime right now - but will that change? It seems to me that when the US founding fathers fought the Revolotionary War the British thought they were "criminals". I suspect the same will happen between the corporate and the individual.

    ReplyDelete