Saturday, March 10, 2012

Slipping into the Void

I think I slipped…into some void perhaps. I think I forgot how to go out and make pictures, too. It was a slippery spot I hit and before I knew it, I was in the air, wondering how I was going to land. Well, that didn’t really happen, but it feels that way.

The crime in Detroit got me thinking again. So I haven’t been to Detroit since that car-jacking with the AK-47, right in an area where I was beginning to explore again after some years. Last weak end (and it was that) I felt a strong aversion to passing over the city limits, that fearful “Eight Mile” that M&M talked about so much. So I headed north and it was boring as hell. Nothing to shoot, damit. I did drink some coffee at Starbucks but left in no time because the employees back in their little corner were so fecking loud I couldn’t read, think, or even concentrate on the taste of the coffee. Then I moseyed over to Barnes and Noble and had an equally crappy time there. I just don’t like B&N and I don’t know why. Never have. Maybe it’s because they make you pay for their discount. Or more likely, because they aren’t self-help friendly at all. Borders had computers where I could look things up and serve myself. Self-serve.

I really didn’t feel the spirit of the cemetery either.

So I told myself that I have plenty of unposted pictures and who cares anyway? Well, I do. I care. It’s my nature to be putting out constantly. Put out or shut up. I can stop putting out when I’m dead.

Maybe I should just buy an AK-47 and shoot back if fired upon in Detroit. If I start playing the mega-million lotto, and win, I could buy a bullet proof Hummer and really do Detroit in style.

Maybe it's a good time to start spring cleaning, or perhaps get my CDs all in alphabetical order.

1 comment:

  1. You'll find your muse again. You'll find something to put out there for all of us to admire. Hang in there. I go through spells like that (quite frequently). I'm kinda there now myself. I went to an old abandoned rusty train last weekend. Drove an hour to get to it and took only about 50 shots. May or may not post any. But this too shall pass. Take care. Keep shooting (the camera, not the AK-47) :-)

    ReplyDelete